Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Kids VS. Adults: Imagination-wise

Sometimes, you weigh things, but in the long run,
it doesn't actually count..
I don't agree with the answer my classmate in my creative writing class gave earlier to the question raised by my, yet again, very composed and quite sarcastic professor, why are the youth more imaginative than adults. He said that young people tend to become more playful with their minds because they have more time. Hmmm! My great professor then immediately agreed after that student rested on his seat. Well, okay, I agree, but not completely because..

(DISCLAIMER: I have nothing against my classmate and/or my professor.)

..my classmate's answer only suggested that adults are too busy to imagine stuff. Yeah right.. If I know, they can imagine more with less time. I primarily do not mean to put adults in good light here but what I'm trying to say is that, been wanting to say this even earlier in our not-so-lively discussion but my teacher continued to her speech after just one response from this particular classmate, how more accommodating can that be (Guess I'm equally sarcastic. Haha), majority of the young generation know less; hence, their extent for possibilities in different aspects of life is relatively higher or wider than adults who, in the longer course of their lives, have actually affirmed or nullified the ideas which they have imagined before or, they have learned something else which might not have entered their minds before, consequently, making their "areas to imagine of" smaller. Gosh, I hope I had this theory of mine clearly received by your understanding.

Anyway, I suppose, regardless of era a certain person lives in or cares to adhere by, may it be prehistoric, laid-back, modern or still yet to come, one can imagine freely any time he wants to and how frequent he wants it to happen. I would not mind if he does it on a daily basis or while he's at work. What I'm interested about is how these imaginings can contribute, when turned into reality or made into a concrete manifestation just to look real, to the development and well-being of not only that person, but also the community where he lives and where the imaginings mostly took place, and eventually, the world.

Then again, I may not be absolutely right, but one can only imagine..

6 comments:

  1. hohohoho! merry xmas.. thanks ems. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. kuya gling mo tlga mag blog..
    certified blogger kna!!
    Congrats!
    hehe..
    chan chan . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooh! nosebleed ang theory pero easy to understand naman. Papunta plang tayo, pabalik na sila so mas higher tlga ang sa youths compared sa adults. Agree aku sa iyo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @B: tama.. thanks nak! :))

    @chan: avid reader da nka ata. hehe! keep reading, my cousin.. :))

    ReplyDelete